White Paper on Importance of G D and T with Tolerance Stack Up Analysis for developing 0 PPM Designs and Solving Quality issues is presented with case study involving an Electric Motor Designed and analyzed using SolidWorks and SigmundWorks Software.
Quality in Assembly Build and Performance affects profitability. Acceptable quality depends on drawings that define design specifications. G D & T Drawings developed according to ASME Y14.5/ ISO Standards and ensured for correctness and completeness is the first step. Assigning least cost tolerances, predicting assembly build and performance is the next step towards developing a fool-proof quality regime. This is done by performing Tolerance Stack Up Analysis. Implementing technological tools to achieve this has following inherent benefits:
1. Correctness and Completeness of Drawings eliminates ambiguities, re-work and errors in production/ inspection processes
2. Identification of dimensional parameters affecting assembly build and performance provides insight into causes and creates objective framework for Least Cost Tolerancing
3. Incorporation of existing Process Capabilities for dimensional management enables decisions on investments in machines, tools and new processes
4. Identification of process stage, based on dimensional sensitivity, when manufacturing processes goes out of control ensures processes are monitored, corrected and controlled effectively
5. Aligning the Design Process with the Manufacturing and Inspection goals helps achieve consistent product quality at affordable cost
To integrate and sustain in a world market, at higher levels of profitability, it is essential that technology content in products is enhanced substantially – an essential ingredient for success.
Please visit: http://www.egsindia.com/whitepaper_g_d_and_t_tolerance_stacks_sigmundworks_solidworks.html